Range Reports

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Quack

Re: Range Reports

Post by Quack »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Wanted to share with you. Found a decent 300 yard range. With about an 8-inch holdover, the .223 AR was hitting the red part of the bullseye (no wind to deal with that day). I don't have a 10 moa scope base yet because there aren't many over-200-yd ranges around here. Maybe I'll pick up a 10 and 20 later, because the gun is gtg for paper out to about 500 yds. and I definitely want to try it at that range.
(click on image to enlarge)
Nice!!!

where's that range at?
Public, or Private?
Quack

Dan Wesson Guardian - Range Report

Post by Quack »

Here's a range report that i did when i first got my DW Guardian.

I made it to the range today to put some rounds through the Guardian.
If you haven't seen the photo review click this link

Ammo
150 rounds of Blazer Brass (115gr)
150 rounds of Remington green/white box (115gr)
50 rounds of Speer Gold-Dot (124gr +P)
I also brought WWB, but unfortunately it was .45ACP and not 9mm.
All ammo fed reliably, even during double and triple taps.

Magazines
The magazines that i brought were 2 of the following:
Factory Dan Wesson (Check-Mate) mags
Wilson Combat ETM's
Metalform/Springfield 9mm.
There were no issues with any of the magazines used. I'll use either the factory or Springfield magazines when I carry the Guardian since they are flush with the bottom of the grip/frame.

Grip
The Shadow grips and 25LPI frontstrap checkering provided adequate grip, though i prefer something with more bite. I have large hands and didn't find the slim grips to be too small. Since the MSH is smooth, i thought that i would want it checkered for better grip. I may replace it, but don't think it will be an issue.

Sights
The sights were Champion/Kensight "Novak" style 3 dot night sights, which is common on 1911's. The Guardian's POI (Point Of Impact) at 15yrds was right on top of the front sight, similar to the dot on an "i". The rear sight will get changed to a 10-8 rear. There is nothing wrong with the factory sights, I like all my 1911's to be similar

Trigger
The factory trigger is a medium curved Videki style trigger. Like other curved 1911 trigger's my finger started to get tender by the end of the range visit. I'll change the trigger out for my usual "Quack" (flat) trigger. Trigger weight was 3Lbs. 12oz. I'll measure the trigger again after the mythical 500rds.

Slide Stop
I usually don't use the slide stop as a slide release, but as I had mentioned in the photo review, the slide stop has a nice shelf on it as would make it easy to release the slide with the right-hand shooters thumb. The slide stop was easy to use when performing a slide lock reload and there were no feed issues when doing so.

Range
Shooting the Guardian was as I expected. It ran without any problem's with the various mags and ammo used. The Guardian balanced nicely in the hand and even though it's an alloy frame, the recoil was minimal, even with the +P ammo. Double-Tap's and transitioning between target's seemed to be faster (I don't have a timer) than shooting my Kobra Carry, but this would make sense since it is a 9mm as opposed to a .45ACP. The spent cases ejected properly and I never got hit in the forehead by a hot case.

Accuracy
It's pretty darn accurate, it really is. Shooting was done un-supported with a "Combat Grip" and in a 2 handed isosceles stance. Here's a quick phone pic of the last 5 rounds (Gold-Dot) that i shot for the day at 15 yards. The the flyer was the 1st round. I believe i used the slide stop as a release to chamber the first round.

Overall I feel that the Guardian is a great value. It's well built, reliable, accurate and priced right.

BTW, this is what it looks like now:
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Quack wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Wanted to share with you. Found a decent 300 yard range. With about an 8-inch holdover, the .223 AR was hitting the red part of the bullseye (no wind to deal with that day). I don't have a 10 moa scope base yet because there aren't many over-200-yd ranges around here. Maybe I'll pick up a 10 and 20 later, because the gun is gtg for paper out to about 500 yds. and I definitely want to try it at that range.
(click on image to enlarge)
Nice!!!

where's that range at?
Public, or Private?
It's just a little ways across the Ohio line in Mercer, PA. And it's private, but dues are very reasonable.
You can get all the details here >> http://WWW.PARDOESPORTSMENS.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quack

Remington R1

Post by Quack »

another old range report that i did...

for those not following, here's the detail pics that i did of the R1
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=275331

So I went to the range today with Hokieshooter (and his son) and knedrgr (and his brother) so I could get some trigger time on the Remington. I did not do any of my usual work to it, such as lapping the frame and slide with the JB Bore paste slurry, cleaning up the hammer & sear or putting a flat trigger in, just detail stripped, clean and lube. I put 150rds of 230gr Blazer Brass through the Remington. I didn't have any malfunctions, but knedrgr experienced a strange FTFeed on about the 4th mag in. Mags used were the 2 factory mags and Wilson ETM mags. No issues with either. The trigger has creep in it, but wasn't really noticeable when shooting.

There was no un-usual dis-comfort while gripping the gun, just the same marks i get from shooting a 1911 with a standard grip safety. It wasn't trigger bite, just the grip safety digging into the web of my hand.

Here is a pic of the 1st mag through it. I was shooting 2-handed in an isosceles stance at 7yrds to get a feel for it. The first shot was the lonely high shot and the 2nd shot was the one in the 6 (or upside down 9) ring.

so i did more shooting between the Trophy Match, TRP, EMP, STI Edge, Kobra Carry and Remington, as well as letting sample the different guns.

Now i'm down to my last 16rds, so i send the target out to 15yrds. The first 4rds were high, since i was trying to see where the bullet impact would be with it. The next 3rds were in the 8ring and now i got the elevation correct. the remaining 9 rounds are in the 10/9 ring cluster. The main cluster is <2"

I shot the knedrgr's mil-spec and at 7yrds, it was shooting ~2" low for me. Compared to the Mil-spec, the sights on the Remington were easier to see/pickup. Over-all i am very impressed with the Remington and feel that if the other's out there are similar to mine, Springfield has stiff competition in the entry level 1911 market.

this is what it looks like now...
Fonejack54

S&W 637 w/ Apex Kit

Post by Fonejack54 »

Just wanted to give a range report for a S&W J-frame. This is my third because the trigger was so bad on the other two I couldn't hit anything with them and the one had a laser. I bought this one after doing some trigger work on my M&P9c so my confidence was up. I started with Wolff springs and put in a 14lb rebound spring plus polishing the spring housing and everything it rubbed against. I installed the 8lb hammer but then read where people were really concerned about light strikes so I went back to the original. All this without ever firing the gun.
Well, Apex came out with a J-Frame spring kit so I bought it. Comes with a rebound spring, which I didn't use because I was happy with the Wolff, a hammer spring, a elongated firing pin and lighter firing pin spring. All this very easy to install using youtube videos.
I went to the range today and shot Hornady Critical Defense, Speer's Gold Dot and Winchester white box with no failures at all. The trigger is phenomenal. The single action at 7 yards was putting one right on top of the other and the double action shooting quickly had all five within 5 inches. I'm stoked.
I highly recommend the Apex kit for anyone who is not happy (or even if you are) with their J-Frame trigger. I forgot to mention that I put Pachmeyer grips on it and even with arthritis in my hands I think I could have shot all day.
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Ruger LC9

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..Took my Ruger LC 9 to the range yesterday. Fired 15 rounds of HST 147 GR and about 60 of WWB w/o one single problem,except, I had a hard time placing my rounds where I wanted them.....I was all over the target shooting center target but low.... I even had old man Frank shoot the gun to see if it was the guns fault, he put 2 in the BLACK, it was me.Sights were a little blurry to me, they are very small dots....Recoil was very little for a small gun, I liked that.
.....The trigger pull was hard getting use to, very long and soft...After awhile it was fine once I learned how to set the trigger.
.....Why do they make such long triggers pulls in these small guns ? What is the difference between a small gun and say a G19 trigger pull ?

....I think this gun will be my EDC when I can't carry my 19. Easy to conceal and I like the 7+1 of 9mm...

....Until I get my Kimber Solo... :roll: Then the LC 9 will go up FS... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Iver Johnson 2nd Model

Post by evan price »

So I recently picked up a pair of Iver Johnson 2nd model Safety Hammerless Automatic Revolvers in 32 S&W.
These are black powder guns and the serial number traces to 1903. The photo is a representative, mine have more rust.

Had no factory ammo but a ziplock full of brass and a peanut butter jar of Lee 95-grain round-nose slugs cast from range scrap and tumble lubed with ALOX, what I use for 32 S&W Long.

RP brass and a WOLF small pistol primer.

You have to go easy on the black powder guns, they don't stand up to a full load of smokeless, the pressure curve is steeper with smokeless. So I tried my old standby 25 acp load, 1.5 grains of IMR 800-X powder. OAL 0.90"

Accuracy was fairly as expected with the microscopic sights of the Iver Johnson Owlheads. My target of choice was a discarded auto muffler at about 10 feet. I put ten shots within a 6" circle. Trigger pull is hard and creepy and the rather vague cylinder location was abrupt but it didn't spit lead. There was virtually no recoil and instead of a BANG it was more of a POP. Shot bullets penetrated to the center of the double-wall sheetmetal muffler but only barely. When I fired ten more shots into the fairly unrusty side of the muffler I had troubles with penetration, the slugs went through the outer layer and richocheted off of the inner shell. I could go more powder if it were a 3rd model which is 1909 or later and OK for smokeless, but these old girls deserve a light dutry retirement so I will just leave them at 1.5 grains 800-X and live with it.

I didn't buy these to carry, but for fun, and I believe you could shoot all day and never feel it. Cool to fire a gun that was obsolete before you were born, and the simple fact that they still work at all is impressive.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Atilla

CZ 75 P01

Post by Atilla »

Just picked this up at Dick's Gun Room in Cuyahoga Falls. Price was good and service was great there, as always. First 4473 I filled out in 18 years though, made me feel a bit subjugated. Finally got a chance to break it in today.

Before I get too far, I'd like to relate my first impressions of the P01. Felt great in the hand, natural to bring it up (eyes shut or open) to shooting stance with front sight on intended target with little or no fidgeting. The full rubber grips might be a bit thicker than I'm used to for CC, but filled my hand just right. 14+1 in a compact DA/SA mandates the thicker grip (thicker than my M&P or P239 at least). Serrated front and back straps, and front of trigger guard as well. The front of the slide also has ridges for racking the slide. The sights seemed a bit plain Jane out of the box (3 dot glow in the dark green dot) but I'll get back to those when I get to the shooting portion.

I field stripped the gun to get a closer look inside and make sure it was clean and lubricated. Plenty of Czech oil!!! What amazed me was the heavy duty nature of everything on this gun. Full slide rails running inside the frame, which makes for a thinner slide but a tad thicker frame, and a much stiffer platform. NO stamped parts anywhere (except the mag bodies). Double trigger bar, springs either redundant or twice as thick as what I see in my Sig or M&P, forged hammer, even the ejector looked indestructible compared to any other autofeeder I've taken down. The slide stop/takedown lever were in a natural position to charge the battery, and the decocker was easy to get to but never in the way of shooting. The only drawback I found, initially, was the takedown pin/lever needs to be pushed out from the opposite side which seems to require a small tool. The manual recommends the rubber butt of the mag, but I used a bic pen which worked just fine.

Only having the 2 14 rounders it came with (3 more on the way along with a Minotaur hybrid IWB), I put 300 rounds through today at Sherwin in Eastlake. New lanes with carpeted booths and new target retrieval system worked nice. I put the first 100 WWB 115gn at 20', all DA within a 3" group (with a few flyers all my fault). The stock sights came into their own here, working fine but in low/no light I might want to upgrade to Metropolights (sp?) in the future. They are the only aftermarket night sights I found that are specific to the CZ 75 line and the lateral front dovetail/pin. Next set of ammo was mostly Federal fmj ($11 at Wallyworld), which I tried left hand, one hand, DA/SA while practicing tactical reloads on partially filled mags. I was shooting a bit high, but I think it might have been the weight of the gun and my not holding it up to full height. Last couple boxes were at 35-40' and I kept a pretty respectable group together. Last 3 mags I did double taps (DA/SA each) at 25' rotating around a 5 bullseye 100yd rifle target. last mag was some of the Speer Gold Dot +P I brought with my current carry gun (Sig P239) and while recoil was noticeably increased, the follow up shot came on target quick enough (just follow that front sight!). Never a hiccup or problem from the gun at all today. The trigger pull was long from full decock (which would rarely ever come up), and from decock(halfcock) the pull was fine in distance but a bit more in weight than my well broken in Sig. On single action the trigger did have a little takeup, broke clean and reset was very predictable after a few rounds. I expect this all to get better with every 1000 rounds for years to come.

I plan on going another 2-300 rounds with a bit more carry ammo next time before I deem this CZ a carry piece, but I am convinced this thing will probably outlive anyone on this forum. My only concern is concealability. I love the Minotaur for my M&P9c and Sig, and they both conceal well with the proper shirt, or even t shirt if its big enough and not white. I had to get the Gen 2 setup as they quit making kydex bodies for the Gen 1 which is my current carry holster. So far I can only recommend the CZ 75 and have nothing negative. For those not into the DA/SA decocker guns, the standard CZ 75 or the CZ 75 compact are DA/SA but have a traditional (1911type) safety to carry locked and cocked. I practice with DA first shot from my Sig, to each their own.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
Rubb
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Ruger LCP .380

Post by Rubb »

Ruger LCP .380
50 rounds fired each, all loaded to capacity at 6+1 except where noted.
Fired in order of report.

AMMO
PMC 90 gr. FMJ
American Eagle 95 gr. FMJ
Blazer Brass 95 gr. FMJ

Test 1= 2 hand slow fire
PMC=0 failure
AE= 0 Failure
BB= 0 failure

Test 2= right hand only
PMC= 1 FT eject
AE= 0 failure
BB= 1 FT eject

Test 3= Left hand only
PMC= 0 failure
AE= 0 failure
BB= 0 failure

Test 4= 2 hand rapid fire
PMC= 1 FT eject
AE= 1 FT eject
BB= 0 failure

Test 4A= 2 hand rapid fire
PMC= 1 FT eject
AE= 0 failure
BB= 0 failure

Test 5= right hand only rapid fire
PMC= 1 FT eject
AE= 0 failure
BB= 0 failure

Test 6= 2 hand benched slow fire @ 15 ft.... accuracy test.
PMC= 1 FT eject/ 1.75” POA
AE= 0 failure/ 2.75” POA
BB= 0 failure/3” @ POA

Test 7= 1 round of each left loaded mag of 3
PMC= FT eject
AE= 0 failure
BB= 0 failure

PREP

I lightly sanded the slide rail grooves, Barrel, guide rod and hammer interface.
I then racked the slide 200-300 times dry… after cleaning off the factory oil.
It was only lubed with a light coat of CLP except for the slide rail grooves.
One drop of CLP was applied to each and allowed to run the length of the slide.

OBSERVATIONS

This LCP does not like PMC 90 gr. FMJ….duh.
This LCP has more noticeable recoil than a Kahr PM9 loaded w/ 124+P Gold Dots(IMO) and IIRC my P3AT.
The trigger on this LCP is not as nice as the trigger on my old P3AT and MUCH worse than a PM9.
I can get a firmer purchase on the P3AT due to the sharper texture.

CONCLUSION

Accuracy tests were done last…mistake…after that many rounds with a long heavy trigger.. fatigue was setting in.
I’m satisfied with performance of the AE and BB with only one FTE each in the first 200 rounds…..PMC not so much.

PMC= 6 FT eject
AE= 1 FT eject
BB= 1 FT eject

Range trip # 2

This time I added a small amount of Tetra grease to the slide rails.
I also took the Dremel to the feed ramp and chamber.
I also picked up a WWB 100 pack, this was in my back up mag when the P3AT was my EDC.

AMMO
WWB 95 gr. FMJ-FP (50 rounds)
American Eagle 95 gr. FMJ (37 rounds)
Blazer Brass 95gr. FMJ (37 rounds)

Test 1= 2 hand rapid fire @ 15 ft. 6+1
WWB= flawless x2
AE= flawless
BB= flawless

Test 2= slow fire rested @ 15ft. 5 per mag (accuracy)
WWB= flawless x2.. 2", low left
AE= flawless x2..1.75" POA
BB= flawless x2..2.5" low left

Test 3= right hand only rapid
WWB= flawless
AE= flawless
BB= flawless

Test 4= left hand only rapid @ 7 ft.
All hit the 8” target.
WWB= flawless
AE= flawless
BB= flawless

Test 5= right hand only 6+1
WWB= flawless
AE= flawless
BB= flawless

Test 7= WWB re-test...Slow fire rested @ 15ft. 6 shots.
Because WWB can’t be as bad as I was the first time.
Neither can BB for that matter but….I gots more WWB :mrgreen:
Flawless.....1.25" POA

OBSERVATIONS
Everything fired without issue this time so IMO the LCP needs a F&B/ break in to be reliable.
I can’t call the LCP superior or more accurate than the P3AT but, it’s a good clone.
WWB seemed to have a little less felt recoil.

CONCLUSION
I got this to be a weak side bug and it will fill that role well.
It’ll be loaded with the WWB because it was reliable, accurate.. it will penetrate and seemed to recoil less.
The trigger seems to be getting better as I shoot more and I'm happy with this LCP :)

274 total rounds fired.
Last failure at approximately round # 77
50 PMC= 6 FTE
87 Blazer Brass= 1 FTE
87 American Eagle= 1 FTE
50 WWB= 0 failures
If a sign could stop evil...They’d make holsters for them!!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..I visited a gun range in North Vegas owned and built by the State.It was at the base of a mountain..

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this brand new range for pistol,rifle,skeet,bow...There were so many stations I couldn't count them....

....Rifle was I believe 250 yds soon to be 500...

The place was overwelming...Anyone been there ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:..I visited a gun range in North Vegas owned and built by the State.It was at the base of a mountain..

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this brand new range for pistol,rifle,skeet,bow...There were so many stations I couldn't count them....

....Rifle was I believe 250 yds soon to be 500...

The place was overwelming...Anyone been there ?
Possibly, Scavok. 8)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Gaspode

9/5/11 Day at Briar Rabbit

Post by Gaspode »

So, myself and DietrichKeppler have been hitting up Briar Rabbit over in Zanesville pretty consistently. I tell as many folks as possible about this range, because I freakin' love this place. I think I've been making the drive just about every sunday for the last 6 weeks or so, and about every other week before that. Our Schedules finally lined up so Sevens could tag along. Day before yesterday I picked up a S&W M&P .40S&W in a trade, and wanted to put it through it's paces. 400 rounds later and only a few FTF due to bad primer's. 100 rounds through my EDC (Glock23). 50 rounds through my Star 9mm Largo. And a ton through Sevens Glock29(I want one, so very very badly now... SWMBO is not amused).

We got there at about 10, and finally hooked some block and tackle up and pulled Sevens out of there wailing like Golem from LOTR around 1:30. We hit the rifle range just to dump 100 rounds through my M&P and some through Sevens Contender. Low and Behold, we get there and who do we meet? ShooterWolf! After some good natured bantering back and forth, somehow it gets put out there for Sevens to hit a 12 inch steel plate at 300 yards out of his contender. Something about owing someone lunch at Olive Garden too :lol: . ShooterWolf told Sevens "I'll get you on that plate at 300... Hit that plate at 200 first."

So, two "Pings" at 200 yards and a few corrections on the Contender's Sights later, SW says "Give me one more." And sure enough, Sevens is just about adjusted. He comes over, does some math on the back of a paper plate and they give it one more shot before SW says to Sevens "Alright, now the three hundred, it'll hit" And sure enough... BANG! PING! :shock:

300 yards, almost dead center of this steel plate! :mrgreen:

I don't think Sevens stopped grinning from the time we got in the truck until he got in his car infront of my house! :lol:

As we're wrapping up, ShooterWolf also had me stop my blamblamblam firing and gave me some coaching on my trigger pull that really helped as well.

So, as evidence I've provided a picture of Sevens And Shooterwolf and the Plate. Sevens on the right, ShooterWolf on the left.

Also, here's a closeup of the plate. Keep in mind the Contender is a one shot pistol with a 14 inch barrel.

Also, here's a video of Keppler firing Sevens .45acp Ruger, and Sevens acting like some Jedi spider monkey so he doesn't lose his brass on the ground :lol:

View My Video

All in all we were there for about 5 and a half hours, my round count was somewhere around 500. Sevens was probably close to 600 if not more. Even Dietrich had fun with his cz-82 and mossberg. Top that off with some instruction from ShooterWolf? Hands down, best range day all year!
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Man, if Shooterwolf isn't a shooting coach, he oughta be. This guy is a rifleman, no doubt about it. He knew infinitely more about where MY pistol was going to put MY ammo than I did. He made me take two shots at 50 yards (on his cleanly painted steel), he called for an adjustment, he made me make one shot at 200 yards, then suggested the adjustment for 300 yards. I mentioned that with my 14-inch barrel, I probably had a hundred or two hundred less FPS than he had from a full length rifle barrel.

The he adjusted his own recommendation. "14 clicks" he said, so that's what I did. I shot off his sandbags. I've got a 6x scope on this rig and before today, I thought it was was too little magnification to be shooting even 100 yards.

I'm re-thinking that. I'd still love the Burris 12x, but this rig can shoot. And the ammo I crafted can shoot. And S.W. knows how to get a guy to pull it all together.

Truth be told, I couldn't tell if he was rooting for me to hit that 300 yard plate... or against me. :) Best I could tell, I was going to be on the hook for his lunch if I didn't do exactly what he told me that my rig would do. I'm not sure what he had at stake in this... but I had pride on the line! :shock:

Briar Rabbit... wow. I've been shooting only 23 years, but in 23 years, this is the most enjoyable place I've ever shot. What a riot. Their handgun steel range is blast. Those two guys nearly had to drag me the heck out of there. I burned 633 rounds out there and never stopped grinning. We even had a little drizzle move in, then out, then on, then out. It probably kept everyone else away, but it didn't slow us down even a bit. I had to buy a Briar Rabbit t-shirt.

If you can get to this joint, quit cheating yourself -- make a range day, make some lead splatter and drop some steel. This is a killer, KILLER place to shoot.

Gaspode & Deitrich Keppler -- two fine dudes to share a range day with.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

300 yards, 12'' steel plate, rain and blowing wind, last bullet, "Only six men in the world could have made that shot", Mel Gibson would've been proud of ya. :lol:

That was a good handgun shot, I just like seeing the smiles after someone makes a shot that they thought was impossible. Now you and Gaspode need to hit an AppleSeed.

It was nice running into to you guy's,

S.W.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

shooterwolf wrote: That was a good handgun shot, I just like seeing the smiles after someone makes a shot that they thought was impossible. Now you and Gaspode need to hit an AppleSeed.

IMC works!
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction