Kel Tec 380 Safety

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

medphys3

Kel Tec 380 Safety

Post by medphys3 »

:?: Does the Kel Tec P 3AT (380) have any sort of safety? I'm debating between the Kel Tec and Bersa, but haven't yet had a chance to look at the Kel Tec.

Any prefrences on either? I'm thinking about shifting from a small revolver to the 380 as a pocket gun.

Todd
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Kel Tec 380 Safety

Post by Petrovich »

medphys3 wrote::?: Does the Kel Tec P 3AT (380) have any sort of safety? I'm debating between the Kel Tec and Bersa, but haven't yet had a chance to look at the Kel Tec.

Any prefrences on either? I'm thinking about shifting from a small revolver to the 380 as a pocket gun.

Todd
Microcompact pistols tend not to have any kind of external safety. Most will be striker fired and will have an internal safety of some kind. Get a good one. My personal opinion of Kel Tecs is that they are of good quality and competent design.
johnvid

Post by johnvid »

No safty on the Kel-Tec. I was looking for a pocket pistol last week and I bought a Beretta 3032. I went with the Beretta because it did have a safty similar to the safty on my other pistols.
gd9704

Post by gd9704 »

The Kel Tec is a Double Action Only pistol. It is supposed to work like a revolver (I say supposed to, as mine required a little work to make it reliable) in that every trigger pull cocks the hammer. Therefore, there is no safety.

My Sig P220 has no (external) safety. I still consider it a "safe" firearm!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Kel Tec 380 Safety

Post by TunnelRat »

medphys3 wrote::?: Does the Kel Tec P 3AT (380) have any sort of safety?
Just the one between your ears -- same as a revolver.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Scott

Keltec .380 Safety

Post by Scott »

See the other posts on the Keltec http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=67 [all five pages as of this writing] and mine in particular. Here's my rig. BTW, I don't use the the little Hogue wrap anymore--it tended to make the pistol print a bit more and also made it a bit more difficult to get out of my pocket--it did tighten groups somewhat. Image

As you can see, with this setup, the trigger is covered and the pistol is always in proper orientation in my pocket. With the long and heavy trigger pull, this gun doesn't need a safety anyways--just like a revolver. If you want to carry something bigger like a Bersa just because it has a safety, you should really get a bigger caliber along with it. Just my $.02
Blip!
medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

Thank you all!

I love this:
<<<<Liberty or Security. Pick One.>>>>