Keltec & Car Carry

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

netphoenix

Keltec & Car Carry

Post by netphoenix »

There seems to be several Keltec P-3AT owners out here.

Most people I've run into carry it with a back-pocket holster. I'm just wondering about your carry method and most important, how are you then carrying it while in your vehicle?

-Chris
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

http://www.stellarrigs.com/Stellar_Pocketholsters.html

I used to just lock mine up in the neat little case it came in origially,
but somehow I managed to lose the case...Image
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

I have used the factory case (or is it a holster?---it has a belt loop) before...even worn it on my belt locked with a combination lock. It seems easier than fiddling with the glove box some times, as I normally prefer pocket carry, with a K&D 2-in-1 holster. I can take off the lock in 2 or 3 seconds and only gun folks know what Kel-Tecs are. Kinda sounds like an off-brand MP3 player or something to everyone else, if they even see it.

I also have a Cambridge day planner that I modified to accept a small combination lock. Laying on the seat, it looks very business-like. When not in the car, the lock rotates around and stores inside.

My locking briefcase has also worked well. I can put it on the seat and easily access my papers or anything else I might need.

I have an Uncle Mikes IWB holster that I originally bought for another gun. It fits my P3 perfectly. I can clip it to my pocket or OWB, if need be.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

P32

Post by Javelin Man »

I have an Uncle Mikes IWB holster that I originally bought for another gun. It fits my P3 perfectly. I can clip it to my pocket or OWB, if need be.
That's what I do with my P32. I keep a spare IWB in my vehicle and clip it to whatever I'm wearing and drop Peewee in it. When I get out, I put it back in my pocket holster and in my pocket. I almost always remove the other holster. Nobody's said anything about a man walking around with a holster, though.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
H_MaN

Re: Keltec & Car Carry

Post by H_MaN »

netphoenix wrote:There seems to be several Keltec P-3AT owners out here.

Most people I've run into carry it with a back-pocket holster. I'm just wondering about your carry method and most important, how are you then carrying it while in your vehicle?

-Chris
Why haven't any of the holster makers made the perfect "Ohio Carry" holster? One that can be clipped to the belt like a Fobus while in the car then put in the pocket like a Hedley when exiting the auto?

Seems it would be kind of easy to make some type of flap that would go over the belt then unsnap or disconnect to put in the pocket..........

We need one like that until the ridiculous law is changed!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

I use an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for normal carry, and have the K-T pocket clip mounted that I use to clip it to my pocket when in the car. Is it technically "holstered?" No. Ooops.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
jbp-ohio

Post by jbp-ohio »

My Ranger has a split bench seat. When I carry my NAA Guardian in a pocket holster, I just stick it nose down between the two seats. 30% is sticking out, so I would say it is in plain sight.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

jbp -
But it's not on your person - could result in bad juju.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
jbp-ohio

Post by jbp-ohio »

I read the book, and you are right. I thought it was "in a holster or locked case in plain sight."

That's OK, I have a lock box I am bolting to the trans hump. Just need to install.
P3ATMike

P-3AT Carry

Post by P3ATMike »

I carry my P-3AT in an uncle Mike's pocket holster in my right front pocket while out of the vehicle.

When entering my truck I open the door and stand between the door and seat, scan the area to verify that there are no eyes watching me, then I slip the holster out of my pocket as I sit down and close the door and lock it.

I then tuck the holster into my waistband, in plain sight, and then I buckle up and adjust my jacket.

If I visit a fast food drive though, which most are positioned to see right into your lap area, my jacket somehow falls forward on my left side as I get my wallet out and pay for my purchase. As I replace my wallet I notice the issue and I wonder how may degrees of view defines "in plain sight" and the jacket is repositioned and all is well with the world.:?

I reverse the process to exit the truck, scan for eyes, hand on holster, open door, pull gun from waistband and slide it in my pocket.

Then you pray that there is no CCW sign on the place you are headed to.
I usually scan for signs as I pull into a parking lot but some places have very poor, non-standard sinage. Then if need be, go back to the truck and get in and then place gun in "steal me" box.

Many days I make 10+ entry and exits and each is a chance for something not nice to happen.