Cool gadget

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willy P

Post by Willy P »

When you work around all the crap I have over the years and see some friends pass away for different reasons you get a little more leary of chemicals. MEK isn't the fumes it is taken through the skin like permethrin (sp) I still use it to keep ticks off I just try not to get any on my skin while putting it on my clothes. Just didn't want you getting in the light pipe business :wink: and taking in too much. Petro needs the votes :lol:
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Willy P wrote:When you work around all the crap I have over the years and see some friends pass away for different reasons you get a little more leary of chemicals. MEK isn't the fumes it is taken through the skin like permethrin (sp) I still use it to keep ticks off I just try not to get any on my skin while putting it on my clothes. Just didn't want you getting in the light pipe business :wink: and taking in too much. Petro needs the votes :lol:
Your concern for my health and well being is appreciated. :D

Yes, my only regret is that I have but one vote to cast for Jim Petro.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

After I get through this surgery and get a little better I'll trade you a McHeartattack in a sack for a light pipe some afternoon. I will be about 3 months healing before I have to go back to work. Deal?
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Willy P wrote:After I get through this surgery and get a little better I'll trade you a McHeartattack in a sack for a light pipe some afternoon. I will be about 3 months healing before I have to go back to work. Deal?
Why don't you just send yer snail mail address to jemler@columbus.rr.com and I get one to you?

While yer recuperating you can inspect all yer bores....with my compliments.

Heck, I just made a half dozen an hour ago...... :D
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I've probably got a piece of that stuff around here someplace. Over by the Lost Ark?

IAC, MEK should be used in well ventilated areas. I think it'll eat your liver. But Tylenol will, too....

I think I found some grey Scotch-Brite in an Auto Zone the other day. I was looking for some 400 grit emery paper. Home Depot probably would be a better choice.

My dad was a Medic during WWII, and an Air Force Dentist during the Korean War. He brought home a "kit" (no idea which war) that included what looked to be a GI flashlight that served as a battery holder, a little light-bulb "head" that was wired to the flashlight, and a couple pieces of acrylic rod, one of which was bent, and some clip-on dental-style mirrors. I wish I still had that thing.

(It actually might be in mom's basement, but I think all that survived was the acrylic, and....)

Cheaper Than Dirt is selling some Browning-labeled flashlights with acrylic rod "lenses" for about $10, too, for bore examinations & such.

Many years ago, at the former day job, one of the VP's asked Ivan The Chemist for a solvent to kick-start a balky ballpoint pen. Ivan gave Moose a little beaker of MEK, and when Moose swished the pen refill around in the beaker, it turned to spaghetti. I know that Ivan was sniffing the MEK a little too much....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

If yer trying to look down a cruddy rifle bore my little gadget doesn't 'illuminate' the entire length of the bore. :(

Fer pistol bores it ain't bad.....much better than a piece of white paper.

Does anyone have experience with one of those doohickies that enables you to visualize a rifle bore like a doc looks at yer tubing from the south end? I think they're called bore scopes and they are EXPENSIVE.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Petrofergov wrote:It's a bore light.
Oh, okay... I wondered where you wanted us to stick it....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:It's a bore light.
Oh, okay... I wondered where you wanted us to stick it....
Not in yer ear!!!! That's what you got car keys fer!!!

It might work for a booger picker....